The awards were delivered during the 21st IOPD Conference in Grenoble on December 9
In this year's edition, 122 nominations were submitted and then evaluated by a jury of experts after having passed a first stage of evaluation by peers.
The jury decided that the winning experience was Legislative Theatre for GM Homelessness Prevention Strategy, from the Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) for its inclusive methodology, for the subject addressed and for the impacts of the process.
A special mention was also awarded to seven experiences that were highly valued by the jury:
- Barcelona (Spain): BCN Youth Forum
- Brussels (Belgium): Deliberative Commission
- Union of Dannieh Municipalities (Lebanon): Engaging the citizen to be part of the Emergency Response Plan to fight against COVID-19
- Florence (Italy): FirenzeProssima – Partecipa al Futuro
- Quintana Roo (Mexico): Citizen eye to tourism: prevention of corruption risks in the approval of tourism projects with environmental impact in the Riviera Maya
- Salvador (Brazil): Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation Plan in Salvador
- Sud-Kivu (Democratic Republic of the Congo): Fight against environmental degradation around a National Park: Case of Kahuzi Biega National Park in Democratic Republic of Congo
IOPD thanks all the participants to this 16th edition of the Award and invites you to read and discover all these inspiring experiences!
- Discover all the information of the winners in the Award website
- Publication of the Award (Discover all the experiences summaries)